Friday, September 26, 2008

Flowers


Hello everyone,
You know how I've been looking for a job for a long while now not knowing what to do? Well I came up with a brilliant idea yesterday. Hm... ready for it..... Flowers. Yes I know, I'm a genious. I don't know why I didn't think about using my other talent that I've used for years. The thing is that when I think about doing flowers for a living is that I don't really think of it as work. Its something I enjoy doing and would love to have my own business one day just for the fun of it. Ya know when Devin is paying the bills. When I don't really have to make money. I could have it for something for me to do and relieve stress.
So I've realized that the Interior Design department down here is completely dead at the moment so I will rely on my floral talents and their tiny paychecks to pay the bills. But this will be something I actually enjoy. Go figure. And there will always be a need for flowers, holidays, weddings, and funerals. So I went out and about the city with a few adresses in hand, my resume and some pictures of my work. Low and behold, people were interested in me. They were impressed. So I have a few good leads and will be helping a shop next week doing high school dance flowers. Oh and the other good thing about flowers are the hours. Mon-Fri 9-5 and possibly 9-2 on sat. Not bad. Much better than working at Walmart and McDonalds 24- 7.
So I'm excited about this new adventure. I am also looking into becoming a event planner/ bridal consultant since that is a big market down here. By working with a company that is well established I can learn alot and get ins for the right places. Anyhoo... wish me luck!

3 comments:

sheila said...

Mar, we are like twins! Although I never went to cold Utah to get an interior design degree... I stuck it out in Hawaii with an art degree. But I've been thinking lately that I wanted to become an event planner/ wedding/party etc. We really need to get together. You should move here. For real. hee hee. Just planned a baby shower and had a blast. (pictures to be on our blog later)
My friend started to be a wedding planner, with not much experience and did about 150 weddings this year. She moved to Texas now, but I sooooo want to do it. I just need a partner in crime. We'll talk later

Deliciously Delicious said...

Hey you guys!!! Thanks for writting back...it is so good to hear from you! I miss you guys! Sounds like you are doing awesome...I can't believe Devin is still in school. That sucks. I hate school. I don't do anything. I am a full time stay at home mom. All I do is take care of our munchkin and work out. I love it! Although, I do miss Devin as a running partner. I'm so sad that we just missed you guys. We def. need to meet up in december...that would be great! No babies for you yet huh? Our little Ikeke was quite a surprise, but we are so blessed to have him. He makes life worth living and brings so much love into our little family. And you have facebook too! I am totally going to look you up and add you! Anywho, good to hear from ya and keep in touch!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

So blog really did get stalked by someone we aren’t comfortable with- and instead of going private, we are just changing some settings and our blog’s URL. Please switch it to: gregpluscamille.blospot.com so you can still follow our blog!