Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I still really haven't got the hang of this blog thing, but I will figure it out. The truth is we're more facebook people. I think it might be a bit easier. Cheesy but easy. Anyhoo, we are on our 6th week down here in Arizona and thinking that it's alright. I definately don't want to live here forever but it's alright for school. Devin is really liking school so far. Its just the beginning so its not that intense yet. Fortunately he also found out that he has a high school football buddy in his lab group so that helps immensly. He actually studies becasue he wants to now, such a difference from undergrad.

I'm still looking for a job. I was picky in the beginning only wanting the best firms but now I've been sending a resume to everyone. Including any kind of receptionist work. I've decided that the economy sucks and that I'll take anything I can get in order to pay the bills. Which better happen fast cause our savings is quickly depleting. So in between looking for a job and searching for a job I sit by the pool. Which is nice but still really hot. I'll be glad when its below 100.

Good news is that we have somehow become popular down here. We have 4 different couple friends that like to do things with us, and so its sometimes hard to ballance our different relationships with people. I was really homesick at first. Missing my family and the fact we could go outside for more than 5 minutes, so having some friends is a really nice change. I'm very grateful for all the cheap fun things we do to keep my mind off other things.

Anyhoo, I know that this is a boring update, but not much is really going on. I'll get some photos posted soon once I figure out how to do it. Thanks all for your love and keeping in touch!

5 comments:

sheila said...

HI Mar,
glad to know you are liking AZ. My brother who was living there has now moved here with his family for his 3 year residency. I'm glad they're here, more cousins to play with. Motherhood is good, actually great.

Andrea said...

Hi, We miss you too! I really missed you at the shower for Nichole at Kari's house last week. It wasn't the same without you there--LOL. I am in an official wedding panic now as we count down the days. I need your AZ address ASAP to mail your invite this week. LUVS & HUGS Andrea
PS This is my first blog comment!

The Browers said...

Yippee for blogs. How are you guys doing?

Anne said...

love you boo! I'm glad you've joined the bloggers! Thanks for the comfort and friendship. I love you tons!

Heward said...

Hey so good to hear from you. I am still sad I missed you in Salt Lake but I will see you some other time. Sounds like everything is going well, Eric wants to know if you have any kids on the way, (you know my husband.) Love you guys. Love Jenni