Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Horray for fun things to keep us busy!

I must admit that I just recently read all of the Twilight series for the first time, and I love them. Well most of them. I love the story and the romance of Bella and Edward. I'm am an Edward fan all the way and think that Jacob never stood a chance. I loved the first two books especially. I think the first one is my favorite and I'm super excited for the movie to come out. But I must complain about the final stupid book "Breaking Dawn." Yes it had its funny, romantic parts that kept you on your toes, but the whole having a baby thing completely pissed me off. I felt like we waited so long for this couple to get together and she has to go and ruin it with a stupid kid. They were completely robbed of their time together as newly weds. I think that she could have made a lot better book if she would have went in a different direction. Oh and the entire book of Jacob pissed me off as well. I am not a Jacob fan and so this section was just really annoying. Also there were a lot of things in the book that didn't make sense or that contradicted itself. I think she should have taken her time and thought more about the story. Oh and they didn't even get to fight at the end. Ugg... I think they should have fought and had a true ending with the chance to show everyone's talents. Anyhoo.. I'll get off my twilight box and move on to other things I'm grateful for.
I love facebook. I have found so many friends that I have lost track of. Its so nice to see what everyone is up to without necessarily having to contact them. Is that aweful to say? I just think that our lives are so busy and its hard to just keep up with our families these days. So I am grateful. It may be juvinille, but hey its better than myspace.

3 comments:

sheila said...

hi mar. I love facebook for that same reason. It's amazing how they can connect lost friends like that.

M'liss said...

Thank You! I feel the same way about Breaking Dawn, and I was catching heck from my girls. I will say I was glad when Bella was able to become Edwards "equal", I've never been a fan of the helpless girl that needed to be protected by the far superior boy schtick.

Catherine said...

Hello Hello! It's about time for some updates :0) I love the picture of you and Devin, by-the-way.
I read the first Twilight book and stopped there. You made me kinda glad I did, but I think I do want to still see the movie.
Good luck with the job hunting . . .that's never very fun.