Friday, October 10, 2008

This week...

This week has been an interesting one. It started out by going to the dentist first thing monday morning for a routine cleaning and checkup. So I went to Dr. Van's office for the first time and was impressed right off. They're office is very nice and the staff was all very friendly. So I proceded with my exam and the xrays and digital pictures to find out that the dentist wants to replace all of my old cavities from when I was a kid and give one of them a crown since it was such a huge filing. I went in thinking nothing was wrong and waked out with a bid of $1500. So naturally I doubted this dentist. I went the following day for the start of my crown and really hit it off with the dentist and realized he was an alright guy. He actually wanted to hire me for one of his front office people. So after my interview in the chair he was undecided on what to do. He really liked me but wants someone who will be around longer than 3 years. So I don't think I've got that position. Meanwhile I found out that this dentist is not on my network so my insurance doesn't cover anything. I really like this guy but don't know what to do. He's started the work in my mouth but should I go elsewhere to finish the job so I can have some covered by my insurance?
Next is that I finally got some good interviews coming up. I am going to Scottsdale today to meet with a couple of really nice florists/event planners. One.... Julie wants me to start working next weekend. The thing is I would like to help her but it sounds like this is not a regular position.... but weekends and days when she has events. So hm... I don't know if it will work. I have been already helping out a shop down the road on a couple days a week for a measly $10/hour.... so should I stick with that till something better comes along. The best news is that I have a design interview on Monday with Fifer design studios. They are just an interior design firm that specializes in dental, doctor, law offices. I think that it would be perfect so everyone keep their fingers crossed! Anyhoo... I know this is boring...so I will be done. I thought I'd just ask for a few opinions about my situation. Thanks, and I love y0u all.

No comments: