Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blog smog... sorry I just update facebook a lot sooner!

Hey everyone... or anyone who actually reads our blog. I realized that I keep facebook updated a lot better than our blog, so this is me trying. June was good. Devin finished his last semester in school for his first year, and had his pinning ceremony. Its a ceremony that celebrates completion of their first year. I know a big deal huh. It actually made me laugh. Anyways... we snuck off to Lake Tahoe for a minute to get a break from the heat before Devin started his clinical for the summer. Tahoe was beautiful and a nice break from the heat... but a little cold. the water was still like 58 degrees so needless to say we didn't get in. Just a lot of hiking.

July was hot! I was super home sick for an awesome 4th of july with the family. It is my favorite holiday... so Devin my sweet husband decided we needed to do something really fun to take my mind off the homesickness. So we went about and hour and a half north to a little place called Fossile Springs past Payson, Arizona. It was incredible. First of all the weather was much like Utah (cool nights and refreshing water), next it was actually green. Fossil Springs itself is a river/spring area with pools and waterfalls to jump off of. So amazingly beautiful. So perfect. After playing in the emerald green springs we went to the awesome 45 minute firework display in Payson. I love fireworks so this was just sweet! Unfortunately we forgot our camera so we'll have to get picts from our friends Jeff and Chelan.

The end of July I took off to Lake Powell with my family while Devin stayed home and worked at his clinical. He was definately missed by all. It was good to see the family, but it was definately an unusual powell trip. We had thunderstorms every afternoon so we had a lot of down time. The worst part about it was that I didn't even get to slalom ski. It is my all time favorite activity that I've been doing for the past 5 years. But when I tried to get up on my sister's competition ski the first morning (which I've done for the last 2 years with no problems) I couldn't get up. I was so dang mad (to put it lightly), and then because I tried so hard so many times I didn't have any strength in my hands for the rest of the week. I even had to have my nieces open water bottles for me. UGgg... so just think of how frustrated you'd be if you've been doing something amazingly for years and all the sudden couldn't!

In August I came to Utah to watch Charlene's kids while she went to Maui for her Anniversary. (My sister) It was a crazy, exhausting week but so much fun to get to know her kids a lot better. I'm just glad she got to go relax for a while. She definately deserved it. After she came home, Devin joined me for a week in Utah to spend some time with our family and friends. We got to relax, go to dinner, hang out with nieces and nephews, go swimming, and go boating. Over all a good time and it went by way too fast!
Anyways... sorry I really don't update much. I feel like I'll do more when we actually have kids or more going on in our life. We love you all!

No comments: