Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Last Two Months

The Flowers

Me and my honey

At the reception


Kara the lovely bride



Kara and Bob



So sorry it has been such a long while. I've been a little busy. Let me fill you all in. I was in Utah for 10 days in the beginning of March working for my sister on finishing designing her main floor of her house. We had lots of fun picking her tile, granite slabs, and installing all her furniture, accessories, window treatments, rugs, and custom florals made by yours truely.
In April I returned to Utah for two weeks to help my old job (sandstrom architecture) compete for a new high end elementary school. It was crazy hours and I pretty much came up with an entire new 80,000 square foot school, ideas, concepts, preliminary construction documents, designs, and a beautiful presentation to display all our hard work. We just learned that we won the project.... so we will see if I have to return to help with the real construction documents. No news from the boss yet...
We moved apartment complexes on May 1st. The new place is bigger, better, cheaper, nicer, closer to school and our ward is still great. I just barely finished unpacking and putting the pictures on the walls this week.

That same day of moving I took off in the afternoon for a weekend in Utah with my sister's and mom for our annual mother's day retreat. We had a ball. Pedicures, dinner at cheesecake factory, giggling till 3 am, secronized swimming, shopping, shopping and more shopping. Kari is the queen! Todd also blessed their new little one and so I was able to be there for some prime time auntie time.
May was a whirl wind of working at the flower shop for mother's day, and taking care of the shop while the owners were out of town. Mixed with a little Hair by Mar in the evenings.

Memorial weekend we went to Las Vegas for my friend Kara's wedding. She did a beautiful job planning and I had a wonderful time doing her flowers. She was even nice enough to plan a party at Lake Mead the next day with thier boat. Thanks for the fun, and skiing!

2 comments:

sheila said...

You sound busy. And good too. Those flowers look great and thats exciting you helped with your old work for that new job.

You look great Mar

Terry and Kelci said...

I miss you guys! D dawg...when are you going to visit?